Saturday, January 29, 2011

Writing

I love writing.  So.  Much.  I'm not so great, but I have my own style and I write from the heart and that's good enough for me.  One day I'll write a book but for now it's a great outlet.  It's wonderful expressing myself with words.  Here's a poem I wrote for my good friend James as part of his gift.  Today's his birthday :P.

Warrior of Light
The brilliant sun sets as the Lone Warrior turns away.
A Warrior of the Night with open arms beckons for him.
Against his human instincts the Lone Warrior doesn't stray.
He looks up to the stars that are full of hope and sees one dim.

Searching for more to lead him into the radiant light; love.
Warriors of the Night are cold and brave and have much to give.
With their stars is an ersatz joy wanting as the moon above.
The Lone Warrior stands his ground and he strives to really live.

As the sun rises the Warriors of Night bow to meet light.
A new strength comes to the Lone Warrior and he sets his path.
Going forward as he feels the warm sun; optimistic sight.
All around him bursts of peace and life that before he never hath.

It's then he knows.
He IS the Warrior of Light.
-Jesse Lynn

I'm sure I could go on and on about how much I love writing and why...but I'm pretty sure I've previously blogged about writing.  And I've posted some of my poems and work so...that's all :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment