Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Opportunity to walk

This is becoming harder and harder for me.  Not because I'm running out of things, but because each day I'm thinking of more and more!  Some days it's so easy and I immediately know what I wanna dedicate that day of gratitude to, but some days there's just SO many it's hard to pick just one.  So I try to pick the most prominent one at the time.  Today I'm grateful for the opportunity to walk.


Sometimes I hate walking home from work because it's half an hour of pure freezingness lol.  But tonight was so nice.  It made me feel like I was in Ephraim again and that's always a good thing because I absolutely love that little town.  It was all a mixture of things that made me feel this way.  The main one was how silent it was.  Which is weird because on the way to work I was even singing that song by Simon & Garfunkel (click here to take a listen).  Walking along Washington Blvd and having it SILENT???  Talk about a rareity.  I don't think I've ever heard it that quiet and peaceful along the busiest road in Ogden.  And it was quiet pretty much the whole time too.  It was just so nice to have it that silent:  something that's always present in Ephraim at night.  Another thing that made me love walking home tonight was the smell.  Granted I'm getting a bit of a head cold and my nose isn't top notch at the moment, but from what I could smell it was wonderful.  It smelled like blossom trees in the summer in Twin Falls ID.  Just fresh and clean with a hint of flower :).  I'm a little confused why there was a change of smell from the usual farmland or Willard Bay smell we get but I'm grateful for the pleasant surprise.  The silence and the smell just made me really nostalgic for Ephraim and I really hope to live there one day with my husband when we're older but for tonight it made me really reflective on everything that I have.


Although sometimes walking is a pain, tonight I was so grateful I even have the opportunity to walk.  I'm grateful I still have my legs to walk.  I'm grateful I have a job to even walk to.  It's not too far away but I am incredibly blessed to have functioning legs to take me where I wanna go.  To show my gratitude I am going to start running again.  I ran cross-country in high school but after my first year at college I eventually got burnt out.  I over-thought the running instead of just doing it for the love of it.  I do love running, I just forgot why in college.  Many people don't understand the purpose of running and that's fine...I've tried explaining it when I was more of an actual runner haha but I decided I'm not going to try to explain it anymore.  Because only people that run and do it because they love it understand its importance and purpose.  Anyways I wanna run a marathon waaaay bad so we'll just see where it goes.  For now, I'm happy I even have legs to walk and run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment