Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hope


2 years ago on my way back to Snow College I was listening to a talk given at a fireside (sorry I'm so vague, that's all I can remember).  This talk was about hope.  The speaker told about WWII and those trapped in consetration camps.  He interviewed one survivor and this person said (from what I can remember), "the strongest human emotion isn't love.  It is hope.  Hope is what keeps us going.  When I was in the consetration camp I KNEW people loved me and it didn't wanna make me survive.  Hope did.  Hope for a day of freedom, hope to see those that I loved, and hope for better days."  The speaker went on about hope and how it motivates us and keeps us going and that we MUST NOT lose our hope.  I completely agree...which is why I got this video for you to watch (oh come on, it's only 2 minutes!).

I'm grateful for hope.  It is what keeps me going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment