Friday, January 14, 2011

Reading

"Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere. The greatest gift is a passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind. It is a moral illumination. Reading is a means of thinking with another persons mind; it forces you to stretch your own."

I cannot say enough how much I absolutely and passionately LOVE reading!!!!!  It's definitely one of my favorite things to do and always has been.  When I was in junior high and high school my mom finally figured out that to motivate me to clean she had to take my books away.  So I was grounded from reading a few times haha it sucked.  There was even one time when I couldn't pull away from my book but needed to shower so I put the open book in a few ziploc bags and read while I showered :D!  Oh yes, I do love my books :).  And thanks to DI I've been able to expand my library tremendously for super cheap.  Yet super worth it ;P.

Haha anyways one of my favorite authors is Clair M. Poulson.  The first book I read of his was I'll Find You and I read that 10 years ago exactly.  I've been hooked since then.  And all of them are my favorite!  But I love pretty much every book I read :).  So obviously I was stoked when I went to Snow College and one of my professers was his brother!  It was awesome.  We bonded over Clairs amazing books haha.  Overall they're a little bit alike...suspenseful, thrilling, spiritual, and a little bit of romance.  But I don't care, I just love them!  My favorites are I'll Find You, Blindside, and Evidence.  I just finished Don't Cry Wolf.  They're all the perfect length for me too.  Allows me to finish them fast :P.

 

I'm grateful for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment