Sunday, January 30, 2011

Games :)

So today we decided to go to Cliftons parents' house and it was AWESOME!  We learned this new game called Pony Express and I won.  BOTH times we played it.  Booyah grandma!


I've always been a fanatic about playing games.  There wasn't really much else to do while spending every summer in Alabama with my dad.  I didn't have friends and didn't really care to make any.  He lives in a neighborhood that scared me sometimes when I was younger, although it's really not so bad.  So to pass the time me and my siblings (only 2 came along each summer until it got down to just me visiting) would play games.  Rummikub, Flinch, Miles Bourne, Speed, Monopoly, Life, Yahtzee, and whatever else we could come up with.  It was a blast and I have no doubt that's where my love of games started from.  We played a ton of games at my moms as well.  I remember having those little card holders when I was little so I could hold all of my cards while playing Bum Scum.  I actually started crying one time because I couldn't even hold them all in that card holder and I was so embarrassed!  The game-playing got more extreme over the years.  My mom would learn a new card game and we'd play that nearly every night for months until we decided to learn a new one.  It's only been the past few years that we've bought more board games, but we still play cards all the time.  Right now we're stuck on Catan and Hand & Foot but we've pretty much done it all.  Cribbage, Sequence, Canadian Fruit Salad, Hearts, Golf, Pinnochle, Phase 10, Uno-how can anyone go through life without playing that?  Seriously-Pounce, Killer Bunnies, Cranium, Thump, Bum Scum, Guesstures, and so many more!


I am passionate about playing games now.  Before I got married, I decided my husband MUST love games!  But then I met Clifton and decided there's other more important things.  He likes games and he'll play Pounce and other fast-paced games, but mostly he cheers for me.  Or against me.  It just depends.  I pretty much always win when playing games with friends, but with my family I almost never win.  I hate that.  It's still really fun for me though in a pathetic kind of way.


Anyways here are three of my favorite games at the moment :)




Pony Express (the awesome game I won twice today), Lost Cities, and Rage.  I am grateful for games.  There can be a lot learned from game playing and I love that.  I love how close it's brought me to my family.  I just love games.

No comments:

Post a Comment