Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ammon

Meet Ammon.
He's my lil half-bro and also the youngest of my moms SEVEN kids.
I've always loved him.
Obviously I teased him and thought many times he was a big pansy.
But he's grown up to be such an incredible man and it makes me happy.

When I was in high school and he was in junior high we discovered each others weaknesses; shopping together.
For some reason whenever we would go shopping for one or two things, we'd end up with 15 or 16.
How does that happen?!
Here's how.

Ammon:  Oh man I want that classical cd set!  It's only $15!
Me:  No you need to save your money remember?!  We only came here for Kari's present.
(10 minutes later while I'm gawking at the $5 DVD's Ammon won't let me buy)
Ammon:  Oh that movie looks way good!  You should buy it!
Me (not realizing I'm being manipulated):  I should save too though.  But you're right I've been wanting this movie for so long!  I'd feel guilty though.  How about I'll buy 3 DVD's and you can get your CD set, deal?
Ammon:  Alright!

Haha that's pretty much how every shopping adventure would end up :D.
Sometimes I'd check him out of school for lunch to let him know I loved him.
That was so much fun.
While at Snow College that bond between us wasn't as strong and I didn't realize how much I missed it until these past few months.
My parents are selling their big-ass house and my little bro gets to stay there for free until it sells.
Talk about the ultimate bachelor pad!
And since being married me and Clifton re-realized how important family is so we've been working on building those bonds and friendships.
We go to Ammons all the time now (it's only 5 minutes away wahoo!) and just hang out.
It sometimes gets to the point that I feel like I'm an annoyance or burden to Ammon (we have to do our dishes there since out water's out...it's a pain) but he never fails in making me and Clifton feel so welcome and loved.
I am so grateful for my little brother Ammon though.
He has been so kind and giving.
We have a blast trying to beat each other in Just Dance 2 for the wii (awesome by the way).
We tease each other constantly and Clifton gets along with him as if they were twins.
Ammon plays the viola beautifully.
He understands my love for cooking/baking and the freedom and creativity that I get from it.
He is sensitive and always thinking of others.
I'm so blessed to have such an incredible brother :).

No comments:

Post a Comment