Friday, March 25, 2011

Gym classes

Right after I graduated high school I didn't have much to do before I went off to college in the fall.  I loved working out at the time and decided to start going to the gym classes at the new Golds Gym center.  I went to bodypump every other day at 5:30...AM.  The whole summer.  I honestly can't remember why I went that early, but I do remember feeling incredible about life and myself after working out.  Of course I was hungry afterwards, so I went to Smiths and bought a few fresh crueller donuts usually.  It was my favorite habit.  I distinctly remember many mornings driving home in my convertible after my workout as the sun was rising.  It was gorgeous.  I had a lot to look forward to and life was just good.  I was truly happy.

Between then and before marrying Clifton I struggled being happy with who I was.  I made foolish decisions after my first heartbreak as a freshman and fell into habits that were hard to break.  Not until after marrying Clifton was able to really be happy with myself again.  It wasn't until we started going back to church and knowing God as a couple that I've felt that true happiness I felt right out of high school.  We're still working towards being the people we want to be, but we are happy.  I've started working out again and so has he.  We don't stay up as late and we cling to our family.  We are wiser with our money and we take time to relax.

Today I went back to bodyattack with my sisters and remembered why I loved those gym classes so much!  It's fun working out with complete strangers, it really is.  It's hilarious for me and my sister to watch others and ourselves.  Since it was our first time in that class we had no idea what was going on.  We looked so foolish.  And the instructor totally noticed.  Everytime she would look at us she'd start smiling as we messed something up.  It was a complete blast and I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to attend these awesome classes.

I feel like I'm really being me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment