Sunday, March 20, 2011

Family

I love my family so much!  There's a lot of them and it's a party all the time.  I have 6 brothers and 5 sisters.  Yep.  Of course 4 are step, and 3 are half, but I grew up with the half and consider them full blood siblings.  Half.  Psh.  That's such a dumb term, seriously.  As if it makes us less of a sibling.  At one time or other I've had a hatrid for one sibling.  But for the past few years and currently we all have been getting along so great.  I think it's because we're all out of high school and don't live together.  Being older just makes everything more fun, especially with family.


Last year my family decided to start international night, where one sunday every few months we would eat dinner from a different culture and learn about it as well.  The first one we did was French night.  Today, we did Italian night.  Yum!  So of course for our Italian attire, me and Clifton "dressed up" as Mario and Luigi.  I know we are so awesome.  I put together a few interesting facts about Italy, my sister taught us a song, and we all pitched in on making genuine Italian food.  It was stupendous. 

I want a huge family.  Like really big.  10 kids?  Probably.  8 or 12 are great numbers too.  Hey, maybe we'll even have sextuplets and knock out half of them right there in one shot!  Honestly I would love that!  Although I've never had a baby, not to mention multiples so we'll just see.  Sometimes I think about how Clifton will handle it.  I think about if we can only tolerate 4 kids, or maybe not even conceive.  That thought hurts my heart.  I think big families are so wonderful because that's just all the more people that will love you for you; no strings attached.  I've had plenty of "friends" decide after an argument that I wasn't worth being friends with.  Honestly I just think they aren't strong enough to be able to handle hardships.  What are they gonna do when their spouse does something wrong?  Leave them in the dust just like that?  Family is built in friends and acceptance and love.  They are who we can be crazy with.  Depressed.  Psycho angry.  Thoughtful.  Passionate.  Embarrassing.  Who wouldn't want a whole lot of that?!

Ok, I know that big families aren't for everyone and I'm definitely not calling anyone weak for not having a lot.  It's hard to raise kids in such a poisonous world and some parents are happy with their 3 or however many.  No judgements from me!  In my life though, I need a big family.  Growing up with my numerous siblings has been the biggest blessing of my life.  It continues to bless me as I watch how quickly everyone will drop everything they are doing at that moment to help a brother in need during a separation.  My brothers and sisters are my absolute best friends and I love them.  We hang out all the time and I'm grateful every single day.

Wedding reception.  We were able to get a picture of the most important 3 siblings!

Sooo...4th of July is a pretty huge thing at our house.  Our garbage was 3/4 full of just $400 firework crap.


We go to Fatcats for a lot of family events.  Valentines day being one of them.


Thanksgiving 2 years ago.  We each got our own bottle of sparkling cider.  It was a party.


Volleyball is an activity we do all the time in the summer.  Last year for 4th of July we were wrestling with each other mercilessly playing when Kristin lost an earring.  So we looked for it.  Success.


Dad and Jonah visited from Alabama wahoo!


Right after Aaron would've gotten kicked out of Lagoon if the people recognized him.

No comments:

Post a Comment