Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

So Clifton went all our for me yesterday.  I wanted to do something special for him as well to make up for my selfishness and apathetic attitude but I couldn't think of anything good enough.  At around 3 I finally got a solid plan in place thanks to a co-worker and her brilliant ideas.

All I told Clifton was that I needed his car when I got off at 5 to get some tampons (big fat lie) and fill his car with gas.  I did fill it with gas.  I also washed it and vacuumed it really well for him.  I then made a bunch of silly love rhymes and hung them over his car.  Things like "I think you're cute you've got a great smile, I love you so much please stay awhile" and "You're selfless and caring with me, you even love my small size B!" haha that one was his favorite cause we always joke about my small boobs (smoobs) and how his are the same size :P.  I bought him a maroon dress shirt and his favorite soda and put that in the drivers seat.  When I got home I told him he needed to get ready and I immediately started rushing.  Everything took longer than I hoped so we were running behind.  And by that I mean we had 15 minutes to make it to our dinner reservation.

Now the dinner part was hard to come up with.  Jasoh's only had a maybe availability at 9, chili's was only doing first come first serve, Prairie Schooner was way out of my price range, and so on.  When I called Timbermine they told me it was first come first serve as well but they were completely confident there would not be a wait since their facility was so large, which is what set him apart from all the other restaurants.  Plus, Timbermine is one of Cliftons favorites and I've never been so I was pretty excited about that one.

I got in my wedding dress; it's totally awesome having a dress that can be short and long.  I just shortened it, threw on an over sleeve, and added a red ribbon around the waist with red shoes and jewelry.  It turned out marvelous ;).  AND my hair was straight.  I rarely do my hair straight because my straightener is broken and my hair is naturally wavy.  It takes so long, but I know it's Cliftons favorite.  He wore his wedding vest as well.  We were classy for sure.  Right when we got to the Timbermine we were seated.  Righteous!  Each table and booth has it's own lighting so people can totally turn the lights out and make out in the corner and no one would even know or care.  It's just nice and private like that.  Not that we made out in our booth or anything.  No.  Definitely not.  Gross.

After our incredible dinner we went home and finally made love.  I wanted to yesterday, but we were so tired.  We put in Transformers which I've never seen and cuddled in bed.  It was perfect.  I'm grateful for Valentines day.  Me and Clifton loved yesterday and today so much that we made a new tradition.  Every Valentines we will do something really special for each other.  One of us the day before, and one of us the day of.  I'm really excited for that.  I believe that acts of love and kindness should be done throughout the year, which is perhaps why I didn't plan anything special for Valentines.  But I'm grateful for the opportunity and excuse to really go all out for the one I love and have him do the same for me.  Today and yesterday were honestly the best 2 days of my life :).






No comments:

Post a Comment