Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FREE stuff!

Holy smokes today ROCKED!  I was just laying in bed when Clifton came home from work; with him he had an amazing surprise.  A huge box of crap from the mall.  Yay!  That's the only up-side to him working at the mall. 
   Security jobs are the worst.  Many of my family members were in the security business and every single one of them got unjustly screwed over and over again.  It's just a bad job to be in for the most part.  Not for everyone, but for everyone I've known.  We're happy with him having a good paying job; but we're keeping our eyes open and will hopefully get him into firefighter school soon.
   Anyway he was doing the exterior detex by the dumpster when an employee was throwing the box away and so he asked for it without even knowing the contents.  Turns out, the box was full of Hot Topic clothing, shoes, and piercings.  Haha awesome.  I'm not a big fan of Hot Topic, but it was so much fun going through the only slightly damaged items and keeping the majority of it.  A cute dress, lingerie (that someone a little too big tried to squeeze into haha), Gothic yet stylish heals, skinny jeans, and multiple shirts.  The piercings and other unwanted item are going to my sisters to dig through.
   He also brought home the biggest pizza box I've ever seen and it was full of pizza and bread sticks from Sbarro Pizzeria.  Yummo.
   I love free stuff.  It doesn't even matter what it is...before I started wearing bikinis I won one at a 5k and even though I didn't keep it, the free article was equally exciting for me.  I once got a small sample of deodorant in the mail.  My mom went dumpster diving all the time in college and once ended up with a set of hot curlers that she kept for about 25 years (yes, those are the curlers she used in my hair and they were perfectly fine).  It's fun winning stuff, it's adventurous using your resources and dumpster diving, it's even awesome being sent free junk for promotional products.  No matter what form it comes in or what the object is, getting free stuff is always the best and I'm grateful for it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment