Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My conscience

You wanna know a secret?  I used to be a klepto.
It all started 3 years ago on Halloween.
My family went to TGIF's and as we were leaving my little sister, Kari, saw a Pikachu figurine she wanted.
I stole it for her.
She's been the klepto in our family actually.
We have so many pitchers, silverware, and dishes that belong to restaurants because of her teehee.
It was exciting to steal that little object that held no importance.

Since then I've stolen toilet paper, cups, silverware, dishes, shoes, office supplies, etc.
Never ever from a store.
But from businesses.
The bowling alley, Denny's.  You get the point.
They're more like souvenirs for me.
Since me and Clifton are trying to be better and live the commandments I decided to stop.
So I returned some things.
No, I'm not going to return the salt shaker to the Mayan.
That holds great memories.

I'm grateful for this change though.
Today at work I got a footlong sub (yes. I work at Blimpie) and ate a cookie.
I TOTALLY could have gotten away with not paying!
Trust me.  With how tight money is I was tempted.
My conscience would not allow it though.
So I paid for all of it.

Call it a conscience, call it the Holy Ghost.  I don't care.
I'm grateful for it :]

No comments:

Post a Comment