Sunday, February 6, 2011

Advice

I'm grateful for advice.
Clifton gives such great advice.
I love just talking with him all the time.
There's still that one...issue with Friend F.
She decided to write me off entirely.
WTF?
I understand maybe not being friends with an ex that you need to get over.
And I understand maybe not hanging out with people that bring you down.
But from being "best friends" to all of a sudden "let's be the kind of friends that are only cordial at social events"?
Really?
The whole thing got to that point because of mis-communications.
Hers and mine as well.
Because we've only been emailing!
Anyways there's a few options I have and I've been thinking about it for days.
Praying for help, for clarity, for faith.
I feel like my natural man is getting in the way.
Or maybe it's my instinct.
Either way, I know this confusing feeling I have isn't a good thing.
So for now, I'm leaving things be.
We talked...sorry, I mean texted...the day after she wrote me off and we "worked things out".
Again.
But the way she's been talking, she's fine without me.
And her actions have definitely backed that up.
So I'm going to continue praying and thinking and getting wonderful advice from my husband.
Until I am confident in a decision.
Then we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Jes! I've been meaning to tell you how happy the commment you left ony my blog made me. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. You're a wonderful person and I hope that everything works out with your friend. Life gets crazy sometimes and it's the worst feeling to lose a friend or have a friend sort of leave you in the dust. I know the feeling, if you can't tell, haha. Anyway, husbands are really great advice givers. They've got a good perspective and they love you more than everything so they can always find a way to make you feel better. I'm glad you've got a good hubby :).

    P.S. Looks like we like a lot of the same books. Do you have a Shelfari.com account? If you do, add me as a friend!

    ReplyDelete