Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lost & Found

About 2 months ago me and Clifton went on a date to Olive Garden.  After that we went to Fatcats, and then to Cinemax (or whatever that theater is that used to be the Pointe lol).  A few days later we realized the camera was missing.  I knew for sure I grabbed it after dinner and was fairly certain I put it in the car when leaving Olive Garden.  I was positive I did not take it into the movie, but other than that I had no idea where it had gone.  So, for the past 2 months I have looked all over for it at random times.  Clifton kept telling me to call Olive Garden but I was sure they wouldn't have it because my memory is awesome.  I already called Fatcats and it wasn't there.  Next week we are going to California so I have been desparate to bring a camera!  Desparate enough to call Olive Garden; even though I knew they didn't have it.

While at work today I finally called and they did have a camera, but the lady I was talking to definitely had no idea what she was doing with it.  I was sure it wasn't my camera since it was TWO MONTHS ago, and I knew I had brought it in the car.  I didn't want to drive all the way out to Riverdale just to get my hopes up and find out it was not my camera when I got there.  I was trying to explain to the lady over the phone how to use the camera but I honestly hadn't used it in so long I had trouble remembering.  After understanding how to get to the playback feature, she described the first picture she saw and my heart sank.  I wasn't wearing blue that night :(.  And my husband didn't shove food in my face.  But then I realized the couple we doubled with DID do that! 

That's right.  It was totally my camera.  I almost started crying because I was so happy.  I hate losing permanent memories like those captured through a camera.  I'm so grateful for lost and found.  This kind of goes along with honesty.  I cannot believe someone turned in the camera.  I thought about it and I do know for a fact I brought the camera out to the car with me.  I think I set it on top of the car and forgot to grab it.  It is amazing to me that someone didn't steal it.  If I worked at Olive Garden, I would have taken it after a month of no claims.

Since I'm giving a talk this Sunday in church on walking in the light of the Lord, this story is perfect.  We all lose our way sometimes.  But our Heavenly Father and Savior cannot wait until we find our way again, and they are so incredibly happy when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment