Friday, February 4, 2011

Cliftons patience

Growing up, it was rare that we would have a meal without the vegetables being burned.  I'd often come home to a smoke-filled kitchen.  My mom is a great cook; she is just forgetful.  She'll get the food started and then multi-task and somewhere amidst all the multi-tasking the vegetables got left to burn.

Unfortunately, I'm the same.  Some people mistake it for stupidity or being ditzy, but I just get so distracted.  My mind is constantly going and I'm always thinking and taking everything in.  Naturally things are bound to get forgotten.  Actually I have a really good memory and people tell me that quite often, but it's only a good memory if I mentally tell myself to remember.  You'd think I would have learned by now to tell myself not to forget my keys or wallet or phone; clearly I have not learned.

Today alone I have misplaced or forgotten my phone twice, Cliftons keys, $40, my phone charger, and jacket.  I'm so grateful I can count on Clifton to help me find things or remember where I placed them.  It's a normal routine for us, but I really get sick of it.  It makes me feel ridiculous and insane.  Clifton always remains patient with me and it's fun to joke about my crazy brain and I'm grateful for that :).

No comments:

Post a Comment