Monday, May 16, 2011

Phone Apps

This is the dumbest game/app I've ever seen in my life.


That's right.  I hate Angry Birds.  Judge me.  When I first heard about it and saw Clifton playing it I laughed my butt off.  I admit, the storyline and creativity is hilarious.  The first time I played it I sucked way bad.  I kept trying and I still sucked.  Obviously I hate the game now.  I don't understand how it became the most popular game on the planet either.  It always annoys me when small things suddenly become famous seemingly overnight.  Same thing happened with the Twilight books.  I read that book when it first came out and I could not wait for the second book.  I recommended it to all of my friends in high school and they scoffed.  Years later what happens?  Those same friends are raving about the book to me!  How dare they!  The amount of fame given to those books nearly ruined it for me and I am kind of ashamed to say I love Twilight, even though I did love it first.  I know, I'm pathetic.  Aside from that. 

Here's a game I LOVE:


Kind of the same concept of Angry Birds, but much better.


Next:


Yep, I'm a total sucker for horoscopes.  I think horoscopes fit people in a general way just like fortune cookies or something like that, but I believe there can be really great advice and wisdom in what is said.  There have been a few times when I'll read my horoscope and it explains a situation I'm going through.  I take the advice to heart and learn what I can from it in my own personal life and in my own unique way.  I believe the same thing for dream meanings.  Oh man the depth that can be recieved from dream symbols!  It's all up to us individually to apply in our own lives and if it doesn't make sense then disregard it or look closer.  Most of the time I find these things very intrigeing so I find this app wonderful.

To all you runners:


Not only does this app track your distance, but it tracks your maximum elevation as well as minimum elevation, elevation gain/loss, average speed, max speed, total time, AND moving time.  No big deal.  Yeah it's amazing, I use it every time I run.

Another favorite of mine:


Mr. Financisto here keeps me tracking my purchases so I don't go into the negative.  It also budgets and shows you your monthly spending habits.  As of now here's mine since I got the app in March:
House:  1680.96
Debt:  929.80
Monthly Bills:  836.12
Pleasure:  410.15
Food:  365.35
Races:  182.00

Since I don't think you know enough personal info about me now, here's another:



My first year in college I felt moody so I kept track of my moods and significant events on my calender.  It was simple enough.  Smiley face on happy days, frowny face on sad days, and lips for when I was kissed.  I figured if there were more than two frowns a week for no real reason I needed to make a more conscious effort to be happy.  I'm just weird and love keeping track of things like that, so obviously I love keeping track of my period and when I make love with my husband.  This one even gives a forecast on fertility and ovulating cycles.  I'm so glad I have this app so I can get a better idea of...well just everything I need to have a good feel for.

Next:

Tv Shows Stream.  The inspiration for this post.  We don't have internet, and I don't have a car so it's hard to keep up on favorite shows such as Greys and Glee and Smallville.  My phone has internet but it's extremely difficult watching shows.  Although I have never been much of a TV watcher, I am grateful for this outstanding app.

Pumpkins vs Monsters:


Here's the rules:
1.  Clifton cannot talk to me when I play this
2.  I have to tell Clifton when I play this game so he doesn't try to talk to me and doesn't get hurt when I don't reply
3.  I can't play this before anything like family events, walking around walmart, going to the dog park, etc.
4.  Having a fan around while playing this game is recommended
I get so into this game.  It always makes me flustered hence rule number three.  It makes me mad a lot too.  Try it sometime.

And lastly:

Wikidroid.  If I don't know the answer I look it up.  I love learning about things and making my brain nice and wrinkly.  Especially since I'm not going to college I need all the help I can get.

Today I'm grateful for apps.  Maybe you'll be grateful for my favorites too!




No comments:

Post a Comment