Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hiking

Don't you love feeling yourself get stronger?  I am feeling that with my lungs.  I have been hiking nonstop and I know my lungs are getting so strong.  I went hiking with my sister today and she was having a really hard time after half an hour, while I was prepared to continue going another hour or two.  It really has nothing to do with being in shape.  It has everything to do with practice.  How do you get better at playing piano?  Practice.  How do you get better at soccer?  Practice.  How do you get better at painting?  Practice.  How do you get better at hiking?  Practice.  I am a strong believer in the power of practice.  I love being able to explore wherever I want to.  The mountains are just a giant playground for a big kid! 

I've said it before, I'll say it a thousand more times.  There is something about being outside and being in nature that brings a peace of mind and a closeness to God that you can't feel many other places.


Today, I am grateful for hiking and the joy it brings me pretty much every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment