Thursday, May 19, 2011

The brain brain brain

An amazing thing about walking to work, is the chance I get to think.  My brain is constantly going, but it's nice not being interrupted.  In fact, I'm extremely easy to scare because I'm constantly within myself thinking about things.  I don't like to overthink and I enjoy vegging out in front of Challenge as much as the next person.  I believe our brains need breaks but not so much that we become more dumb.  I often feel like I'm getting stupider and stupider the longer I prolong going back to college.  Working in a deli doesn't help boost my confidence in my brain either.

And I absolutely love those moments of enlightenment.  The moment where you think about things and all the possibilities and effects it has and after exhausting all options, your solid viewpoint on it reveals itself.  For example, my view on divorce has vastly changed.  I always thought that divorce was NOT an option at all, no matter what, til the end of time stay with that person.  With recent events I have forced myself to reconsider.  My mom has remarried 3 times and I literally cannot imagine the specifics of what my life would be like if she had stayed with my dad.  I believe that everything happens for a reason and we can never possibly comprehend the impact each decision will have on our future and the lives of those around us.  I am still very hesitant when it comes to divorce, although my mind has opened up to the possibility that it is in fact a necessity for some to be happy and learn the things they are meant to learn in life.  I believe in fighting your hardest for marriage and I still think divorce is a selfish thing to do in lots of situations, but I have gotten to the point where I no longer judge those that get divorced.  Yes I admit it.  When someone would explain the situation of their divorce to me I would silently ridicule (I'm not completely awful, I'd still feel bad for the divorced).  A lot inside of me has changed though.  I'd like to think so at least.  My mind...my brain...has been broadened and I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment