Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Overcoming problems

Sometimes my life is hilarious.
Today at work we were pretty slow.
So of course the moment my other coworker left for the day and I was by myself, I got extremely busy.
I hate that.
I had a good size line and I got down to the last group of four girls.
As I was getting ready to help them a customer told me the soda machine wouldn't stop.
I looked over and sure enough, the pink lemonade kept pouring out even though no one was pressing the button.
If it was just a little drip I would have left it.
But it was coming out full on!
The liquid wasn't draining quickly enough so I had to grab a pitcher and fill that up while I called my manager.
She told me to take the top of the pink lemonade lid off and pour warm water on it.
That didn't work, so she told me to just keep an eye on it.
Are you kidding me?!

I looked at the machine, and disconnected the pink lemonade, fixing the problem.
Now this may sound like a small thing, but it was actually pretty awesome.
I was so proud of myself for fixing a problem quickly and effectively under pressure without any knowledge about it.
At first when the pink lemonade wouldn't stop coming out I was pretty sure the bevarage station was possessed.

I went back to work and gave those girls free cookies for having to wait for me to finish fixing it.
The point is I'm just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment