Sunday, April 10, 2011

MUSIC

Finally.  The music post.  I am so grateful for music.  I played the cello for 8 years and I loved it.  Aaron played the bass, Kari the violin, Kristin sang, Ammon the viola and piano, Shane the guitar, Becky the piano, and mom plays the piano and guitar.  I chose the cello because the bass was too big, everyone did the violin, and the viola looks too much like the violin.  Now when I hear cello music I get ecstatic.  I love every kind of music there is with the exception of death metal...I believe that was created by the devil himself.  Other than that I am extremely easy to please.  I find every kind of music beautiful in its own way.  I love country, rap, gospel, classical, indie, pop, alternative, punk, rock, bluegrass, etc (I can't think of any other names right now).

Music has a way of reaching out to people and allowing them to take emotional baths.  Sounds weird I suppose, but that's what it is.  I see it the same as nature.  There's just something about being out in nature and listening to music that brings a person closer to peace, and closer to God.  Music is language that everyone speaks.  It is what feelings sound like.  Music is a refuge.  It helps people deal with unwanted feelings.  Music uplifts and motivates.  Music understands.  Music is beauty.

Today I am making Aaron some mix CD's to help him through this rough patch and I have the opportunity to listen to even more music than I already do.  Go to www.pandora.com sometime.  It's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment