Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gifts from the heart

Presents have never really mattered so much to me.  Especially if there was no thought put into it.  I can't stand that.  Although I guess it is better than not remembering a birthday at all.  In general though I have been a huge fan of gifts from the heart.  Two years ago for Christmas, Ammon did one of those digital dancing elf gigs with our faces for his present to everyone.  It was BY FAR my favorite!  It just made that Christmas for me, and I'm sure it had the same effect on my other family members.  I try to give from the heart and it's hard when an idea doesn't come instantly to me, because it makes me feel like I'm not a good enough sister or friend.  This year for James' birthday I was going to make a shirt with his symbol on it and I know he would've loved it, but I found out someone else made that for him.  Gross.  It has to be original for me to do it otherwise I'm out.  I finally thought of a personalized photo book (not album, book) of the people he cared about.  He absolutely loved it and I'm so glad.  I get so excited about homemade or well thought out gifts.

Tonight I gave Aaron the mix CD's and he loved them.  He almost started crying as he told me that the other day when all of us were there for him and playing games was the best he's felt in a long time.  He went on to tell me that he has an awesome sound system in his new car, but his radio is messed up so he's really been needing CD's.  YES!  Perfect gift.  I am grateful for gifts from the heart and the impact it actually does have on the majority of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment