Sunday, September 18, 2011

Movie Editor

Today I learned my computer has a movie editing feature.  Now, movies have never really been my thing.  My sister, Kari, got me hooked on youtube and I finally created an account not too long ago so that I could post comments and 'favorite' my top songs.  Somehow I came across JoeThursdays, which is an awesome youtube channel.  Go there.  Go there now.  I watched his videos for hours one day instead of studying; I don't regret it at all.  Watching his videos has made me want to try out vlogging, or putting together cool music videos.

Not only that, but I've gotten bored of photo editing.  I'm not saying I'm great at it, but with the low-tech "equipment" I have I feel like I've learned everything I possibly can.  It's gotten too easy and mundane.  It doesn't interest me like it used to.  I am confident that when I get a great camera and photo editor, along with shadowing actual photographers, there will be a lot more that I can learn.  Until then I need something more challenging.

Enter video editing.  For my brothers birthday I decided to do something really special since this is his first birthday in a long time he's single (technically he's not since he and Meg are back together...again...good grief).  Last week the brilliant idea came to me!  I interviewed each family member and asked them what they loved about Aaron.  After hours of putting together photos, videos, and songs his birthday video is turning out quite nicely.  I believe in diy, so I may be a little slower at learning the basics of video, but the important thing is I am learning and after a few hours I feel like I have fully caught on.

I know I'm not talented at video editing or photo editing, but I love doing it!  Today I am grateful for movie editors, for keeping my mind intrigued and giving me a proper challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment