Monday, October 11, 2010

"Friends"

I don't understand how I can be so giving to you and have nothing in return.
No surprises, no love, and no friendship.
I gave you so much because I thought it was important and you appreciated it.
It's not like I did it to get something in return, but after how much I selflessly dropped for you I at least expect friendship.
But what kind of friend flakes out as many times as you?
What kind of friend messes with my head like that?
What kind of friend is content with going weeks without talking?
I gave you so much.
That's why it was so hard to move on.
But I have now and all I've moved onto is more friends that are equally selfish and ungiving.
All I ask from you people is to think about me and be a good friend.
Why is that such an easy thing for me and my husband to do but so hard for you?
Don't you care about me?
Because your actions and the way you treat me prove otherwise.
Remembering birthdays and not lying about ditching us is the kinds of things that are important to us.
But you lie all the time.
About not wanting to do something or where you were.
You think we don't know?
You're wrong.
Why can't you be better?
Why can't you support me the way I support you?
Love me the way I love you and don't make me feel worthless.
It's hard enough to not feel like that.
I don't need you to bring me down too.
Remember that party I threw for you?
I wish I could take it back so you would feel the way I feel lots of the time around you.
Like crap.
Someone you can practice your mistakes on.
I thought you were a grownup?
No?
Yeah I guess not.
Because grownup friends don't treat each other like that.
Go practice your mistakes on your own ass, not mine.
You really hurt me.
It hurts that you won't do as much for me as I do for you.
It hurts I gave you anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment